Saturday, August 17, 2013

BangPop

I went to BangPop, a newly opened Thai restaurant in South Wharf near the Exhibition centre. It is where the Sharing house used to be and it is run by the same person.

It has been opened for three months and already it has had some positive reviews. There were a few negative ones here and there, but oh well who cares. Because mine is a positive one.









At lunchtime it was so busy with all the exhibitors coming for the $15 lunch special which changes weekly, but it includes a main and a drink. Since there were no vegetarian options other than the salad that was offered in the lunch special, I went for the Pad Thai (vegetarian of course for $14.90).

The bar was very lively. I loved the music. Some people may not love the music but I sure did. Here they offer many drinks including Singha, a local Thai beer. Here I saw the waiter making a mocktail ($8) and it was so big and looked nice.

The waitstaff are European and Australian. To make it a fun and friendly vibe they wore casual clothes. I think the chef is Thai because they made an amazing Pad Thai. The other dishes also looked amazing too.

There are four sauces in which the waiter gives to you and explains. You can adjust the spiciness of the dish to your liking. The four condiments are: Salty (fish sauce), Sour (rice vinegar), sweet (the sugar) and spicy (the dried chilli

But the only problem is that all the noodle stuck together as a result of being a tad bit overcooked. But they had the right flavours in there. I loved the lime and the chilli in this. It may look like a whole heap of noodles when it comes to the table, but the tofu and the veggies are underneath. I saw that another diner didn't finish their Pad Thai dish. My guess is that they didn't like it.

I was full afterwards.

Overall I'd love to recommend this place to everyone. They are an upmarket restaurant that loves to please everyone.

I hope Bangpop stays as South Wharf really needs some decent restaurants, not like Crown which is overpriced. This is a restaurant which everyone can afford. South Wharf needs a great Thai restaurant like this. In fact this is the first one that I have come across with the bikes out the front.

Once you pop you can't stop and I certainly won't.
BangPop on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...