Saturday, April 6, 2013

Laksa Bar

Laksa bar is so close to RMIT. In fact it is half a block away.
Some time ago I got a voucher for a free drink with my meal. It was given out at this years Orientation.
I had really wanted to go there for some time.

It was packed by the time I got which was 12.30pm. But there was still a space left at the big communal table and I rushed to get this spot soon after I ordered my meal of laksa mi goreng. When I saw this on the menu it tickled me fancy.














There wasn't a whole lot of service, you have to order and pay at the counter. You also had to get your own cutlery from the rack. BTW: I wonder where the bibs came from. I saw none there at the place where the cutlery is. Some of the people that ordered laksa didn't get the bib.

It wasn't long after I found my table that my meal arrived. Hence I thought that it was prepared earlier and then microwaved. There wasn't a whole lot of vegetables on the plate, but a whole lot of egg and noodles and seriously cold tofu.

Although I loved the sauce there was just a little bit too much of it. Same with the noodles. The noodles were cooked properly.

I struggled to finish my meal.

My tea which was the Sharon rose lemon tea came in a flask which they use in the science lab. Fascinating I thought.
But the tea itself was a little too sweet and all the lemons were right down the bottom.

I was a little bit disappointed at my meal. The other 11 (there was 12 in total, but Yellow Eggs was the only one that didn't like the place) had loved the place.
I might just be back for the bowl of laksa and the bibs. The people next to me had laksa and it looked and smelt good.
Laksa Bar on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...