Saturday, February 9, 2013

Jalan Alor by Katherine

Jalan Alor is a small booth in 206 Bourke st where China Red is. It is dark, dingy and looked rather daggy for a cafe that is about 2 years old. They don't have a website so that makes it hard to find out the prices.

I was greeted by one sad looking waitress. She looked like she didn't want to be there. In fact I think all of them were RMIT students who were being underpaid (I saw the student diary by the way).

I got seated in block of two tables together. Halfway through my meal the waitress moved one of the tables without telling me. I was trying to write down something and she did not tell me.

This place is just another one of those places selling Malaysian food. It is run by people from Hong Kong.







I had the Penang Char Kuey teow ($11.50) and an iced Kopi O ($4). The service was rather quick, but the food was a bit disappointing. For $11.50 I expected a lot of love in my Char Kuey Teow but there was very little love in the dish.
There was very little wok hei in the Char Kuey Teow. There was not much spring onions in the Char Kuey Teow. In fact I only got two pieces.

There were only two prawns in my dish. For the price that I paid I expected lots more prawns.

The noodles were way overcooked and were covered in lots of oil which in fact made the dish very oily and unpleasant.

But I loved was the sauce. The sauce had that chilli kick to it.

There wasn't a lot of sausage in this but too much egg in this.

At the end of the day I got a little bit of diarrhea from this

The Kopi O fared a little bit better. It was huge and sweet. But there wasn't enough condensed milk in this.

I'd only come back for the drinks and just roti as the other drinks looked really good.
Jalan Alor on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...