Saturday, January 19, 2013

Dairy Bell Docklands by Katherine

Dairy Bell is a little ice creamery in a wood shed at Docklands where Harbour town is. It has been neglected for years. I have come a few times, but it always seem quiet. Why?

All of a sudden Harbourtown and Docklands seems like a Ghost town. It is supposed to be a fun and friendly place, but due to the Southern star wheel still being under construction it wasn't as busy nearly as I'd hoped. I was hoping that it would pick up the pace when all the summer holiday fun as at Harbourtown and the Chronicles of Narnia have their exhibition on.

But back to the ice cream shop which is placed nicely near the pier. There is no seating at the shop; instead customers just buy their ice cream and sit outside and watch the world go by.






I ordered a Kids sundae ($4.20). Here you can choose from either a bunny, rabbit and bee face. They just add the lollies on top of the ice cream. I know it normally comes with chocolate, but I chose Vanilla, because I knew that I'd make a mess of the chocolate. My server was quite accommodating.

But...
My server didn't love me taking pictures of things. And I said "I really do want to try and promote you as you are quite quiet. And I want to help you get some customers in".

To the ice cream.
The vanilla ice cream was creamy and I loved the little plastic wine cup it came in. I loved the creaminess of it. But it did taste a little bit like Peters ice cream- just a tad bit. Sorry!

I wouldn't normally come to this side of the town just for plain old plain ice cream as it is a bit far for me. And at $4.20 it is a little bit pricey. But its only good when it is a lovely day during the summer where you can sit outside and watch the boats.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...