Saturday, December 15, 2012

My visit to Highpoint on a $50 budget part one-the food hall.

Well today is my day off and I live near Highpoint. I hardly ever visit Highpoint because there isn't a lot to see.
But all that has changed ever since the arrival of the food hall. Yippee! Highpoint is a mall which serves the western and the north western suburbs. It is about half an hour from the city by train and tram, but still in zone 1. And it is a stones throw away from the Student Village. Yay! No more having to visit Footscray now.
This new food hall is just like Footscray market except better. There is a Daiso store there as well a good quality coffee stop namely "Jasper". Unlike Prahran market this Jasper serves food and coffees and beautiful looking cakes.
















































I got to try some of their coffee and loved it. The guys there were pretty friendly.
There is a really huge fresh fruit and vegetable place that has really cheap fruits and veg. I bought a nectarine, apricot and peach for $0.60 all together. They even have $1.50 drinks.
But the two most expensive things I bought were the seafood basket at $5.50 a cup and the $4.80 small tub of yoghurt from Tasti de lite. Since when did frozen yoghurt become so expensive! It used to be $3 a cup. And it was plain yoghurt :(.
But I loved the seafood basket from the fish shop. So fresh. But it was a little lukewarm. Two of the ladies admired my seafood basket. I loved the chilli fish. It nice to know that there are some cheap and healthy options at Highpoint.
The sushi at Sushi Sushi wasn't too bad. I had two vegetarian sushis for $4.90 altogether.
There is a Woolworths there but they sold the same stuff as every other store so I won't go into much detail about this.
There is a Breadtop but I didn't buy anything from there. I had Breadtop a few times last week so I got sick of them. No offense, maybe next time I might buy something from there.
I also loved the Asian grocery shop there as well. Everything was so cheap there. Yay! Finally there's an Asian shop near where I live. No need to go to Footscray now! Or the city for that matter of fact!
I bought a pair of scissors- $2.80 at Daiso. Daiso have $20 minimum for EFTPOS, but there is an atm just nearby (It is Bankwest though).
I also checked out the bathrooms and I loved them. They are huge and I loved the wall.
Next time when I visit Highpoint I will never visit Tasti De lite again, but I'd love to visit Jasper coffee and the fish shop and the fruit and vegetable place. I know this is not in the food hall but I'd like to try out Dessert story downstairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...