Saturday, September 22, 2012

Mio Dolce by Katherine

After my lunch at Red Brick I decided to go in to Mio Dolce just for cakes. It hadn't got many reviews on Urbanspoon so I thought I'd give my two cents worth. I remembered coming here a while ago. About a year ago. Boy things have changed a little bit.
This place wasn't so busy. A year ago it was busy. Maybe its because there are so many more cake shops and Red Brick had just opened perhaps?





Anyway this place is a Italian cake shop in Moonee Ponds. Here they sell cannolis, fruit flans and other cakes. And if you don't want huge ones you can buy the smaller version and that's what I did.
I got a small almond biscuit, a small fruit flan and a small cannoli ($4.80 altogether). The lady that served me got my change wrong. I gave her a $50 and she gave me a $15.20. I had to remind her several times that I gave her a $50 not a $20 like she thought. Another customer also helped me to remind her and pressure her for the right change. Kudos to them that did. Although she said sorry to me I still thought it was a bit of a disgrace and I didn't check my change carefully I would have been overcharged. She did this to a few people today.
I went to the bathrooms. Now the bathrooms are up some steep stairs; hence it is not wheelchair friendly. If you need wheelchair friendly ones its probably best to go across the road to the shopping centre for them.
My almond biscuit was a bit too moist and a little bit too sweet for my liking. The fruit flan although nice was just a tad bit soggy. The cannoli was just right; crunchy on the outside and creamy on the inside.
I think I'd might just see a return visit only for the Italian hot chocolate and the cannolis. And maybe the tiramisu. I had the Italian chocolate the last time I was here and I enjoyed that.
Mio Dolce -Pasticceria and Gelateria on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...