Saturday, July 7, 2012

Trunk diner

This place is an Amercian diner in Melbourne. It is the most talked about place as being the take on" Route 66 in America". It is a really cheap place near RMIT. They serve hot dogs for $7 with a side of chips for $3. The small wagyu beef burgers are $10.
The place was really noisy with all the lunchtime workers. The outside looked really empty.
Many bloggers rave on about this place so I won't go into a lot of detail about the decor. But what I will say is that the service is a bit slow and disorganised. When I went to pay I was first in the line but the server decided to serve the two ladies after me which leaves me reeling.
Whilst the large hot chocolate ($4) was quick to come out the hotdog and fries took ages and ages... and ages. Why? its just a simple hot dog.
You can add variations to the hot dog or take out the tomato sauce which I did. The dog was big but the bun was a little unappetising. It is like a normal bun you buy from the supermarket.
I did love the sausage though. But at Snag stand and other places you can get this with heaps more toppings for the same price.
The chips were nice though. But a tad too cold. Nicely salted though.
The hot chocolate was lovely for a cold, but sunny day.












Next time I'll have to try out their $10 burgers. Sadly it doesn't come with any chips, but it looks filling without anyway. And someone told me that it is quite fun to put the burger together.  And their lemonades. But still it is a lovely place to catch up and it would be lovely if RMIT student union hosts their free drinks here. Loved the music though.
Trunk Diner on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...