Saturday, July 7, 2012

Della Nonna

Who would have thought of going there? Not me until I saw the $10 meal sign. There was a pop up garden in front of the place and they were having $10 specials from now until 15/7/12. It is really expensive and there were not that many people there which really was a bad sign. I doesn't like this.
Della Nonna is an Italian restaurant or so they claim. Their decor is beautiful but that's how far they go. I love the wine cabinets and shelves- they looked gorgeous.
But the service and the food is a different story. The food took ages to come and the waitstaff was hard to flag down. For a place with only just two tables full this is not hard to get the meals and drinks out quickly and to flag the staff down.
The guy when he came to serve us seemed really tired. There was only two waitstaff there. I do have to agree with some of the other reviews on Urbanspoon. Sorry.










My fish and chips was $10 and my friends focacchia was $10 too. But my fish and chips, apart from the chips was really bad. The fish was so small and covered in all this batter, which I hated. My friend's thing fared a little better, but seriously a turkish bread roll is not focacchia. Foccachia is hard and crunchy. The foccachia itself was a bit bland for my liking. The tartare sauce had no taste to it and my chips were really soggy from the salad dressing. The salad was a bit limp probably a day old and they were trying to hide it with the dressing.
My lemonade was so sour. I can see why- they just poured it straight from the big bottle. For $4 it was very expensive. For that price I expected better.
My friend's iced chocolate looked a bit meh (I didn't get to try this by the way) and his was $4.50

I do agree with some of the reviews on Urbanspoon and will never come here again. even if someone paid me. I'd be interested to see what others think

Della Nonna QV on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...