Saturday, June 16, 2012

Hopetoun tea rooms

Hopetoun tea rooms is a lovely old Victorian style cafe in the Block Arcade. A lot of tourists love to visit because of the food and the lovely tea.
Here the place was packed full of people and it took a while to get a table. Whilst waiting for a table I checked out the bathrooms on the upper floor. The restaurant does not have a washroom, but there is one on level 3. In convenient I know when the lifts are slow.
But the food and service made up for this. The service was great with a smile. But the wait was a little long. Whilst waiting I had the chance to look around and take lots of pictures of food.
OMMMMM!!!! I WANT!!!!


Someone's high tea which is really expensive. Because I just had lunch I didn't feel like this






So gorgeous.












They do heaps of savoury meals and the menu changes daily.
My chocolate cake ($9.50 a pop- expensive I know) came with a lovely hint of strawberry and cream. This is way much better than the max brenner cakes which are a tad dry and overpriced.
Same with the hot chocolate. At Max's you pay $5.50 for a substandard and really sweet hot chocolate. In here you pay $4.50 for a much better hot chocolate. They do a range of teas but I was in a hot chocolate and cake mood.
It's a must visit for every new International student/visitor as you will love the atmosphere and the food here. It 's very old Victorian style, think Hotel Windsor and high tea except cheaper.
Hopetoun Tea Rooms on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...