Sunday, June 10, 2012

Dognation

You might think that I went to a place that sells pet dogs. Yes I know the title sounds like it, but it is a hot dog place located in a little laneway. It is very similar to the other Melbourne hot dog places except there is no chips and no traditional soft drink which is much better for those that are trying to be healthy.
Its a small shop right next to an apartment complex and right next a big restaurant, so you might miss it at first. It's only opened from 11am-3pm each weekday, because after 4pm the lane is pretty dead quiet. And they weren't allocated a lot of space. But they did really good things with the space they got and most people got takeaway anyway.
It is run by a really lovely Asian guy who helped me to open my ramune (which is a Japanese drink by the way) as there was a special of doing it. If you don't know how to open it ask the guy to open it for you. The lady said that there were 10 other bloggers as well as me. But there isn't any reviews except for the one from Peach water. Thanks to Seeong ( the manager) I got my meal for free. He is a hard working person and he said that the shop has been opened for about two and a half weeks. He loves hot dogs and travelling around the world. This is where he got his inspiration from. The bread is from a German company.





My ramune- which is peachy and lovely






They have a few hot dogs there and potato mash there. They have one from Germany, Tokyo, Melbourne, London and Mexico. And they have drinks to match it.
It is cash only, but all of their hot dogs are $7-$9 and are amazingly filling. Their drinks are from $2.5-$3.50 each and their mash is around $2.90. And there is an atm in the nearby Australia On collins.
I had the Tokyo dog and it was amazing (courtesy of Dognation). You can taste the wasabi in there and there's lots of it. So if you don't like spicy food this is not for you. I loved the miso flavoured mushrooms= yummy. They also had a lot of Japanese seaweed which I love. If you don't like mushrooms and seaweed this is also not for you.
I also loved the mash which is very creamy and filling. They do not do chips here but they do a lovely mash. You don't need a lot of salt. I like it just the way it is.
Despite what someone said on urbanspoon about the food being really bad, I really did like this. I hope that they have more seating and more hours in one of their new outlets. I can't wait to see them again maybe with another blogger. To the other bloggers, I hope you get your review in soon. Milk bar has written theirs. Off the spork and MEL: HOT OR NOT also liked theirs.
Dognation on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...