Sunday, June 10, 2012

Cafe Republic


















Cafe Republic is a little Italian cafe in South Yarra across the road from the train station. It used to be known as Fellini.  It is also a wine bar, hence there was lots of champagne. Here it was a wet day when we arrived, so I felt like a hot chocolate and a pizza. But to my dismay they ran out of pizza. So I settled for Fish and Chips child sized. It was because I wasn't particularly hungry by the time I came which was 1.30pm.
They do have weekly $10 specials which are not valid on weekends
The cafe seemed to busy. There was one waiter who seemed particularly keen on talking about wine with a another table and kept on pestering them about wine when they didn't want it. Service was fast though
The meals were really pricey. At $10 for a kids meal I expected a lot better than just a handful of frozen chips that have been reheated and a small piece of fish. The fish was cooked well though. And they forgot the tartare sauce. The foccacia fared a bit better at $12.50 and tasted delish. The ham was a bit stone cold, but I did like the rest of it.
I might only come back just to try their foccacias. They also have a 25% off the total bill Entertainment book voucher, but I didn't buy the book. I'd really love to see what Big Fil thinks of the place.

Café Republic on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...