Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Eat at Mart 130

Mart 130 is a cool retro place outside a tram stop in Albert park. Its really homely and about 19 other bloggers ate here and reviewed the place. The place is ranked number 54 on the Urbanspoon website.

This place is home to many students and is one stop away from Melbourne Sports and Aquatics Centre. Here there is limited parking, hence the route number 96 tram is advised. This place is outside the Middle park tram stop (zone 1).












This place is a great place for breakfast and it is a good place for takeaway coffees and pastries. Here there are some cute yoyo biscuits for $3.
This place reminds me a bit of St Ali's. The food and everything is so retro. Their menu served some of the meals that I saw at St Ali's such as the french toasts and salads. Here I had pancakes with vanilla mascarpone and berry coulis ($16.90 for three pancakes). I had to wait ages for it, whilst the table of five were seated after me and their food came first.  It tasted similar to the one at St Ali, except the mascarpone was a little bit sour and there was no vanilla taste to it.
The piccolo ($3.50) was really good; nice and strong. The coffee beans are I think from St Ali's. They have that distinctive taste.
I could have gone for the corn fritters but I didn't see them on the menu. Another group of five people were here. My guess is that they are either bloggers or tourists, because like me they kept on taking pictures of everything.
The guy there didn't mind all the photos of his place. And he was really lovely, so in the end when I paid  I tipped him. Tipping is not as common here in Aus as the US but if people do deserve it you can tip.
Mart 130 on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Love this place although haven't been for a while.
    Fil

    ReplyDelete

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...