Saturday, October 22, 2011

Going out to Chi chi, Max brenner and $10.50 movie

It was raining today and I really wanted to catch up with friends just before my exam (just to take a break from study).
So a friend and I went to Chi Chi on Keilor Road in Niddrie. There they are serviced by the 59 trams and it is in zone 1. They are Vietnamese with a Chinese influence restaurant.
Today the restaurant was not too packed. We managed to get there by about 1:15pm and got out at 2:05pm.
Here they do cheap meals. They have an $8 lunch special on everyday as well as your usual Vietnamese/Chinese fare.
Here I my usual rice vermicelli noodles, but this time instead of spring rolls I got it with lemongrass chicken ($9.50). Friend A got the vegetarian fried rice ($8.50). And we both shared a plate of vegetarian rice paper rolls ($6) and a pot of green tea ($2.80). The pot of green tea is nothing much to write about because it was made with a lipton tea bag.
I had a chance to sample Friend A's vegetarian rice and found it bland and boring as well as extremely salty. They could have put just a tad more sauce to go with it.
My meal was not too bad, but it was nothing mind blowing. In fact I hated the pickled carrots in there. It was way too strong.









$10.50 ticket
Friend A said that she had 2 $10.50 ticket which we were able to use to see Contagion and so we did. She got them at Melbourne Central. But we can use them at any Hoyts cinemas. So we saw Contagion at Highpoint shopping centre. Highpoint shopping centre is huge and this place was packed full of people.
The movie though was really good and dramatic.

Ice cream at Max Brenner's in Highpoint.
After Friend A and I bought the tickets we had about an hour to kill. So we decided to try out Max brenner in Highpoint. I haven't been to any Max brenner in a while. But A said that Max brenner is still good. I wanted to try their ice creams and their new dessert special.
A and I both shared the toffee apple crepes ($14.50 each). A had the chocolate mocha frappe ($7.60) and she loved it. Their new dessert special was not particularly mind blowing. The best part would have to be the ice cream. The apples tasted like they were too canned, but A disagreed. The apples made the pancake a little soggy and hard to enjoy. However they did not put too much sauce on it which is good.











Max Brenner Chocolate Bar on Urbanspoon
ChiChi Vietnamese Restaurant on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...