Friday, August 19, 2011

N-lee bakery and a visit to collins place



















N-tran bakery is a Vietnamese bakery. There are two stores in Melbourne, one in the city and the other in Smith st Collingwood.
I went to the one in the city because that is close to where I work. It is easily accessible by the routes 109, 112, 48 and 31 trams. You get off at the corner of exhibition and collins st and turn left if from the city or the south side and turn right if you came from the eastern suburbs.
Alternatively you can catch a train to Parliament station and get out on the Collins st side. Walk towards exhibition st and turn right. It is on the corner of Lt Collins and Exhibition sts opposite Bridie Mc Reileys.
The place was really busy and there were queues from the doorway inwards. The servers there were too busy and I had to wait in the queue.
They have limited food, mainly sandwiches and soups. But they do have Bhanh mi (A vietnamese sandwich with meat, Vietnamese salad, cucumber and   parsley) for $5.50. But if you wanted chicken it is an extra $1.00. There is one vegetarian sandwich though.
So I had that as well as hot chocolate about $3.50.  The Bhanh mi was better than the one that was served last year at the Taste of Melbourne by Longrain. This Bhanh mi was not soggy and the pate was lovely. I would have liked a bit more pickled carrots though. It looked a bit small but very tasty though.
The guy next to me ordered soup and his soup was huge for $5.50. Note to self: next time when I'm here I should go for the soup.

The hot chocolate came halfway through the meal, which was a bit strange. I thought that it would have come before my sandwich. But never the less I liked it. It was filling.

But I just couldn't resist a sweet temptation so I ordered a yoyo ($1.80). This was nicely done, not crumbly and not too sweet.
Next time when I return I will try and come back in a quieter time when someone can easily serve me quickly. I liked the pricing. It caters for both students and workers alike. I will recommend this place to Miss Adriennely. And to all those international students who are Vietnamese and miss their ole cuisine.







After lunch I went for a walk around Collins place. Here it has Kino cinemas, Kenzan, food court, Dymocks, and other speciality shops. I went to visit the Chocolate box.  The chocolate box is a chocolate store selling handmade chocolates and gifts.  Here I got to sample a licorice barrel. This was well crafted and it is sold for $18 a kilo. They also have some handmade chocolates as gifts.

Another store I went to is Dymocks. Here they sell reasonably priced books. It is one of the last stores standing in the book chain. It wasn't very busy when I went in. I hope they don't close down soon.

N.Lee Bakery on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...