Friday, May 20, 2011

Oriental teahouse in Melbourne Central

This place in Melbourne Central just opened a few days ago, so in my lunch break I went to check out the place. This place not only sells dim sims and tea, they also sell tea leaves, tea bags, tea cups and other crockery. it has a bamboo courtyard, where people can sit and watch the world go by. Unfortunately there were not that many people when I arrived, but give it some time and there'll be more people. I got to sample some teas and found them to be pretty watery and nothing like T2's teas. I have yet to try the dim sum but I saw that they are pretty expensive ($6-$17 per basket, depending on what you order).
The manager there was pretty friendly. I would go back there just to try their food with a friend.


Visit: 12/6/2012
I went in there for their afternoon special of one dumpling (or drumpling as Melbourne Central like to call it), drink and egg tart. It has been about a year since they opened at Melbourne Central and already they are receiving a few dislikes on Urbanspoon.
I had the vegetarian dumpling and it was a bit spicy. It fared really well except for the spiciness and stringiness.
It took about five minutes to come after I ordered it.
The egg tart was the worst. It was overcooked and really flaky. I mean really. I wouldn't order this again.
But the white chocolate dumplings ($5.90 for three) were nothing to write home about.
The tea was really good... it was served in an authentic mug. It is normally $3.50 but it came as a part of the deal.
It was good that I came when there was not people around. At least  I got the full attention of the wait staff. I didn't mind the Australian blonde lady serving me as she was friendly. But for some people it might just be a turn off.
Now I know why I don't come here that often.
Oriental Tea House on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...