Monday, May 23, 2011

fuel espresso bar

Today I ate at the Fuel Espresso bar. It is a cafe specializing in coffees and hot drinks. It is just across the road from Moonee Ponds Station. You can catch the train and the station is right outside the cafe. Everytime I walk past the station to the supermarket, I can always see a throng of people at the Espresso place and I always see the specials outside on the board.
I checked this place online at Urbanspoon.com and saw that many people really liked the place. So today I decided to check it out.
I sat inside. I loved the decor and the noise canceling walls. This meant that I couldn't hear the trains outside, which was perfect as I wanted a quiet breakfast. There is outdoor seating, but its only for the people that love the trains coming in and out of the station and hearing the loud train horns. Besides today was too cold to sit outside.
They have really cheap meals there. Prices start from $6.90 for eggs and toast to $12.90 for pizza. They are only opened for lunch and breakfast. They do open on the weekends. Muffins are $4 each and drinks are from $2-$6. They also have a muffin and coffee deal ($5 or $6).You can make your own juice for $4.50/$5. They do gluten free meals. I'm not sure about vegetarian meals though.

Yeah my camera's not really great at taking pictures in the sunlight/clouds.

See how perfect this is!



Fuel Espresso Bar & Cafe on Urbanspoon
But today I had a $12 breakfast combo which consisted of Eggs Benedict and Hot Chocolate. The eggs benedict was a bit small, but I really enjoyed it. The eggs were cooked perfectly and the sauce was really buttery. They should have put some vegetables with it or at least have the same combo but with veggies instead of ham. I think that the ham is champagne ham, because it is thin and flavoursome, but I'm not too sure. I liked it with the English muffins; a good option for people that don't want to eat too much in one sitting.  I saw a plate of eggs and toast go past and the toast was huge! Next time I should try it.
The hot chocolate was huge and included two marshmallows. The hot chocolate was the same old but I did like the looks of it when it came out.
I think I would like to come back here with friends, preferably on a weekend where there is not that many trains around.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...