Monday, February 8, 2016

Shanghai Dynasty



Shanghai Dynasty is in the city, in the same building where the old Village cinemas was. But its expensive. As students however we did not go for the expensive option. We went for the $29.80 all you can eat which has 80 varieties of dim sum and noodles. We couldn't have the fried or sweet things because of Febfast. We are taking part in this years Febfast, which is giving up sugar and fried food for a month. With fried food I feel really lethargic sometimes because of the oiliness.


 The service although friendly was really trying. It was hard to get sometimes.

Tea and soy milk are included in the lunch price and I really enjoyed both. The green tea was really refreshing.

To start off with we had some balls which were mainly seafood balls. I liked the one with the corn- that one seriously got me addicted. The corn really popped in my mouth.

The prawn one with the chilli had been out for a while and was lukewarm. Moreover I got a little bit of food poisoning from it. I did however like the chillis.

I loved the prawn dumplings and the fish and chive dumplings. They were really great and freshly made, although I think the skin was a little bit too thick. However the flavours were good and they worked well with the chilli sauce that I was given.

I didn't really like the stuffed mushroom. It was lukewarm and rubbery to eat. But I liked the tofu with scallop on top. That was really nice and it worked well with chilli.

The rice roll was really great too and the prawns were really succulent. But there was a lot of sweet soy sauce underneath. As part of Febfast I could not have this, hence there was some roll left.

Rating: 13/20- hit and miss. I'm glad I did not come for the dinner.
Shanghai Dynasty Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...