Thursday, October 15, 2015

The Salon at the Art Gallery

The Art Gallery of Ballarat has a salon and after seeing it a few times I wanted to go in and visit. And no they didn't have vanilla slices Bryan. Instead they had scones and other cakes.
lovely sign

More cakes



Drinks

Cakes





They are cash only and going in there was like going to a library as they have a chess set for people to play chess. They also have books to read

Given that it was the Archibald prize and seniors week this week the café was very busy at 3pm when I went. I had ordered a green tea and was given the earl grey one by mistake. I did try the milk though. It was lovely creamy. I thought that some people liked milk with their green tea. But when I looked and tasted the tea it was wrong.

To their credit though, they gave me the right one. And to their credit it was really good.

I had their scones for $4 for two. In the city's Tea Salon it is about $5.95 for one and it is really dry and people say that it was stale. Well these were not. They were fluffy and fresh and really warm. The cream was really good but the jam was a little bit too sweet.

They should do some High teas over the weekend now that it is sunny and springtime. Then that way it would get more people through the door. The senior ladies would like that very much. If I was to visit the Art Gallery in Ballarat I would come back again and try other things. I would love to try their soups and quiches.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...