Friday, October 10, 2014

La Tortilleria

As part of RNIS's Healthy Living month
RNIS was invited to try this place but paid for their own drink.

La Tortilleria is in Kensington and its hidden away in Stubbs st near Macaulay station. I had wanted to try it for some time but we were way to busy with work and other things. And our outings at night were limited.

We first tried them at the Mexican festival in Immigration museum where they did a lovely cactus taco for us. And from there we really wanted to try them but it was just not possible.

Finally though we went on a Friday lunchtime and they were just two stops away from the city.


Here my server was just lovely and explained everything to me. I really enjoyed their spicy sauce and the chipotle.

Lime and lemon juice (top) and totopos and salsa (bottom)

I also had their special pineapple salsa with their homemade totopos (corn chips). These were done via a press. Same as their tortilla bread in which you can buy for $8 for 22 sheets or $9 a pack.

I had their lime and lemon juice. Here this tasted like lemonade but it was a much healthier version of this. It came in a big glass for $6

Their quesadillas are $4.50 each and they are quite small so I managed to get all the different vegetarian ones (one of them included just cheese). I loved the cheesy one. I also loved the black bean one. At least this is smaller for the health conscious and not as big or as oily as the Mad Mex one.
The black bean filling inside one of the quesadilla.

They did just especially for me a vegetarian taco with black beans inside. I did ask for this especially and you can too if you are vegetarian as they cater for vegetarians.

Lastly I had a Tostada which is a small taco with filling on top.Yum.
Tostada

I was going to go for dessert but I did remember that I don't eat dessert in the middle of the day.

Do go if you have the time at night and on Tuesday night they have a 3 for $10 taco special which fills you up.

Many thanks to La Tortilleria for the invite.
La Tortilleria on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...