Friday, August 15, 2014

The Strand

RNIS was invited by Dimmi Online system to this place

The Strand is in Williamstown and they have been going strong for many years. They have also won many awards for fine dining and such. One of them is from the Entertainment book for outstanding food. In the book they have a buy get one free offer.

I went on my day off as Williamstown is near my place. The place is near the pier and you can see all the fishing boats. Hence I expected fresh fish. It is also a ten minute walk from North Williamstown station and a stone's throw away from the shops.

I really loved the service. It was everything that I'd expect for a fine dining place. It is run by a Vietnamese guy but he does it so well. But the only downside is, they forgot the menu. But that's ok as I had researched the place before I came

I was given a complimentary entree of pumpkin soup with a scallop. This was more of a taste tester to get things going and I really enjoyed this. The little scallop popped in my mouth and the soup was very flavoursome.

Next up was the bread. The bread was a perfect start to the meal and went well with the soup. It was warm and with the dukkah it had this sweet taste.

The fish and chips were $40. Now some people may complain its a bit on the smallish side but it was moreish. The size was great for a late lunch. The fish was fresh but the chips were the frozen types. I loved the tartare sauce. It was so addictive

Many thanks to Dimmi for the free voucher and invite. Do visit the place for yourself. It is relatively easy to book online with Dimmi. Signing up is free and your earn points for every booking and review you do. When you earn about 8000 points you'll get a free meal just like this one.

Editors note: The Strand is offering Entertainment members a buy one main get one free. That's a saving of $30-$40 so do buy the book from us if you haven't already.
The Strand on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...