Friday, August 22, 2014

Squires loft

Squires Loft in the city is a quiet and intimate fine dining steakhouse.
An old photo of the entrance

It is in a laneway off Lonsdale st called Goldie Place which made it hard to find at nighttime. I had booked this place on Dimmi after hearing about the other good reviews from bloggers on Urbanspoon. I had also booked the food special which they do not do on Fridays.

The service there was friendly and I even asked the friendly waitress what she'd recommend. The Kiwi was great too. She looked really cute with her glasses.

There is also another Squires loft in Melbourne and that's in South Yarra. I haven't been to the South Yarra one so am dying to go one day.

I got a good table where I can see the open kitchen and the chefs working hard to produce good meals. There were a few tables waiting for food that night too.

For starters I had no drinks, given the fact that I have been to a launch. But I got good sourdough bread to start off with. It had really lovely creamy butter to go with it.

The entree was complimentary baked mushrooms with feta and herb sauce (normally $13). The feta and the herbs were a match made in heaven. Yum. I really loved the mushrooms as they were cooked perfectly. It seems like they use local produce from the markets.

The grilled chicken ($20 for one piece) was cooked perfectly until the end where it got a little dry. The chips were perfectly salted and to go with this I also ordered a side serve of onion rings ($8.50 for a perfect bowl). These were to die for. These didn't have a whole lot of oil and they even had some herbs in there which gave it that nice touch.

Now if you don't mind shelling out some money then go for it.

15/20- Match made heaven. Now its somewhere decent to eat and students should eat here once during their stay in Melbourne. Btw I loved the complimentary chocolates at the end. What a perfect way to end a meal.
Squires Loft City Steakhouse on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...