Friday, July 4, 2014

Lunch @Sapore and La Lapa Crepes

Sapore is in St Kilda and has won many awards including The Age Good Food Guide They have also won the Entertainment book awards in 2011/2012


They open mainly for dinner and on Wednesdays- Sundays for lunch. They also have a two-three course lunch express which includes one drink. This deal is not valid when you book with Dimmi which I did when I saw they were having 50% off the food bill.

The guys there were happy to help out in any way that they can and they were both friendly. You can book functions here and in July they have pasta nights on Wednesday were it is a glass of wine and pasta dish for $28

I had read that they were really good in pasta dishes. Fortunately they did not have the gnocchi dish but they had spaghetti with clams ($28 for a main).
Lemonade

Oils

Olives


To start off with I had complimentary bread. It was soo nice that I wanted more. And more I did. It was soft and freshly baked. I wasn't huge fan of the oil though. I thought it a little too strong in flavour. I loved the olives. I wanted more but I had to leave a bit of room for dessert at La Lapa.

When the pasta came to the table it looked rather small. It looked like it was entree size but in fact it was moreish. The pasta was aldente. The clams were small and were in their shells. I had to pick off the meat with my fork.

The sauce was rather bland without the salt so I added in the remaining salt.

Then afterwards I popped on over to La Lapa's "Pardon My French" crepe stall at the South Melbourne Market. Like the city street stall this place only accepts cash but everything is under $10. Like the city stall the crepes are freshly made and are put in a paper cone. Here I tried the lime and sugar crepe ($6). It was really nice and some admired the crepes, but it was very messy to eat. In fact I made lots of mess all over myself ( lucky I didn't eat this on the tram into the city or otherwise people would not have been very happy).  I ate it outside.
Menu

Nutella

Pardon My French is a permanent fixture and the guy there is Australian ( I think?)

Students do visit Pardon My French at the market if you are there and do enjoy Sapore for lunch.

Editors note: Sapore is in the Entertainment book and they are offering a 25% off the total bill. Do buy the app from us here.
Sapore on Urbanspoon La Lapa on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...