Friday, July 25, 2014

Good Neighbourhood month neighbourly dinners

RMIT Newintstudents was invited to a couple of these dinners

This month the Arrow community and Meld have decided to put on a few neighbourly potluck dinners on Wednesday nights. Everyone has to bring something according to a theme.

The first one that I went to was one where everyone can bring whatever they want and I decided to do banana bread and ANZAC biscuits as it was Australian and most people are International students from Asia. They have never tried the biscuits or the bread. Someone else had brought a weird Lebanese dessert which was just basically cheese done the Lebanese way. There was the traditional meat pies as well and a very yummy lasagna.
Black caviar

The second one was on black and white exotic things. It was a lovely homemade dinner. I don't normally eat meat but thus I did this time. It was homemade, clean and cooked well. I also tried cold tofu something that I wouldn't normally eat at home in HK. It was a little bit slimy. No thanks I'll stick to the hot tofu.
Black caviar on biscuit

This time there were more people and food/drinks.

But I loved the brownie though. The brownie although it was black was not burnt and was a lovely way to finish the meal.

Thanks Arrow and Meld for having me and I hope to see you soon. Students please come to the next and final dinner on the 30th of July at 6pm on Arrow on Swanston

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...