Friday, June 6, 2014

MELT Pizza

MELT Pizza is new pizza store in Prahran. They specialize in the finest and healthiest pizza. It is run by a husband and wife team and it was husband Dan that invited me to try the place.

The aim of the store is to bring healthy wholesome pizzas to Melbourne.

And so I turned up on a rather cold Wednesday morning on the tram. The tram was rather slow and hence I was 20 minutes late. Luckily Dan was apolegetic.
Salads

Menu

Wines for sale

Table decorations

Toppings that you can choose from

The place is warm and very inviting. Here people can choose their own toppings and bases for the pizzas. There are many vegetarian choices on the menu. All their ingredients are fresh.

Dan knows his customers well.

The pizzas are baked in a 400C wood oven for two minutes.

They also specialize in pizza sandwiches.

I had a vegetarian pizza with fresh mozzarella. It is $9 for the base with tomato sauce and then it is an extra $2-$3 for cheese and an extra $1 for veggies. It was yumm and I loved the extra virgin olive oil drizzled on top. They do gluten free and vegan pizzas so it is a huge yes from me.

I also enjoyed the pizza sandwich which is a focaccia in itself as it was thin but full of love.

The salad was nice and the dressing was on the side which was great as you can choose how much dressing to put in there. I hate dressing in salads as it takes away that whole freshness of the veggies. I loved the crunch of the walnuts.

Verdict: I'd love to try their dessert of sorbet but I was too full. I would love to come again at night time to enjoy a pizza in the busy nightlife. Many thanks to Dan for inviting me.
Melt Pizza on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...