Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Lord of the Fries

Lord of the Fries is in the city and it is the best one to date.
 Here their chips are vegan and wholesome. They do cones as well as main meals
 They have different ketchup's from all over the world, so you don't have stick with tomato sauce. You can choose other flavours such as curry, siracha, poutine etc. All of their sauces are $1-$2 extra and they do add a dimension to your meals.

 They have two for one Tuesdays and many other student specials such as free chips. I got one such offer at O week.

They are outside the train station and already 24 other people have raved about it- good and bad. I really liked my munch pack. The munch pack came with chips and onion rings. It was $6.95

The lady that served me was a tad bit surly for my liking. It was 11am and it was quiet. The place is a small take away store.

The chips were nicely salted and were great. For the chips and the onions you can choose a sauce from a wide variety that they have. I chose the Vietnamese spicy sauce. And it wasn't spicy at all.

The onions were alright and the batter was really nice. It was really think and crunchy which I enjoy.

All in all if you don't mind the service and just want take away then this is great.

But then I went there again and they had run out of several things. Seriously, on a Sunday lunchtime? I had really wanted to try the sweet potato fries.

So I went for the kid's cone with Parisian aioli ($4.70). I really wanted to try another one but the voucher doesn't allow. It was ok, but I loved the Parisian sauce. It was a bit greasy, but not too bad.

Just a heads up the Entertainment book voucher for buy one cone, get one free is only for a regular cone not a kids cone. They should clarify this, either by a poster or on the Entertainment book site.

This is great as a cheap eat if you don't mind the service. I really hope they clarify this offer for Entertainment members like myself who have just joined this year.

Editor's note: The Lord of the Fries have two offers in the Entertainment book, both of which are buy one get one frees. If you want this offer and others simply visit our page and buy from us. This year you can buy the book as a digital app instead of the paper book for convenience.
Lord of the Fries on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...