Friday, May 30, 2014

Hooked at Glenferrie

With Happy Leandro bloggers

A Zilla and Brook invite so I did not have to pay

Hooked is a healthy seafood place and they have a new shop on Glenferrie Road, Hawthorn. I couldn't really make it to their evening so I went last night instead. I also dragged Happy Leandro along.

Hooked is a stones throw away from Glenferrie station.

Ray the owner said that it used to be a kebab shop. This is the same Ray that used to be a DJ.

Their motto is about being healthy and enjoying good seafood at reasonable prices.

The service was lovely and the place was clean. Ray's coworker served us.

We had
1) Tacos- they were really messy to eat so I had to wash my hands out the back. I loved the fried fish one but there was too much salsa.

2) Calamari- it was just right, not too rubbery and I loved the batter.

3) Squid- that was just right as well.

4) Fish and Chips
It was crunchy and not oily. Given the amount of sauces on the table I didn't need the tartare. The tartare was too eggy for me. The tartare was bland as well. Akira agreed with me on that
Fish and chips- look how cute the tartare jar is.


Slaw
5) Salads- Asian slaw and superfoods. The slaw was a tad bit sweet. Akira said he loved the superfood salad.
6) Fish- this dish was a bit of a letdown for me. It dry and tough, probably from being overcooked.

Sauces that we can use
We also had healthy lemonade

We were going to try the burgers, but we were too full.

Its great that there is such a place nearby Swinburne Uni. I would love to come back any day to try their lunch packs. As a student you get a 10% discount. Just flash your ID when you come
Hooked on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...