Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Williamstown Mussels by Claudia

Williamstown Mussels has been around for a while now. They are near the Sea Shepherd boats and about a five minute stroll from Williamstown beach station.

It has been popular with the locals for a long time. This is where they used to buy their fish packs from.
The menu

I love the little fish

The table

The open kitchen

That day I went with a whole lot of International students as we were exploring Williamstown.

But the service was a little bit drab with the Asian lady refusing to smile. She refused to explain what the fish of the day is to the International Students. It took a long time for me to be served seeing as it was after 1:30pm that day.

There are a lot of meals and fish and chip packs for under $10. Here it had flake and chips with tartare (mayonnaise sauce). A lot of International students come from Asia and they have never tried this type of food before. So here's a heads up as to what fish and chips is: it is deep fried fish and chips usually in thick batter. The chips are chunky too.

Actually seeing as I had lunch that day already I just went for the old school lemonade drink. Here this is not found anywhere else but in the old school fish and chippery stores. I like these type of drinks because they are less carbonated and less sugary. And less expensive.

But my friends all went for the fish and chip packs which included salad ($13). Due to the massive serve my friends couldn't finish their packs and had asked me to try some of their stuff.

Some of my friends didn't like the feta cheese in the salad. They thought it was really weird.

But what I did not like was the fish of the day which was flake. It was bland. There was no saltiness, no love. I can't say the same for the chips because I did enjoy them. They had the right amount of crunch and salt in there.

Next time when I come I'd like to try the chips and the burger because the burger did look good.  And I also want to try the mussels which they are renowned for.

Editors note: They are in this year's Entertainment book and their offer is a buy a fish pack, get one free. We are selling the memberships so jump on board and buy from RMIT Newintstudents and you will be supporting our cause.
Williamstown Mussels on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...