Sunday, January 12, 2014

Seared by Claudia

Seared is a place in Highpoint that specializes in steaks and

pub fare. I had wanted to try this place when it opened in 2010. It is outside the cinemas.

So when I saw that Seared was still open just a few days ago I invited Sally to visit with me. And we did.


Seared looked a bit expensive back then, but now the price is just right. Here they do drinks but they have a limited cocktail menu. Sally and I both had the Titanic ($5). This was a slushee with ice cream on top. The ice cream was substandard (normal Peter's ice cream fare) but the slurpee was great.



Now on to the mains:
Sally had the chicken scaloppine ($22). Here it had lots of food and potato mash. Sally couldn't finish the mash so I ate some of it. Whilst this was not dry it was a bit bland. Perhaps a little bit more margarine would be great.

Sally and I had a hard time finishing our mains.

Whereas I, on the other hand had the Veggie Burger with chips and salad ($13). The bun was stock standard and dry. But the pattie was moist which I liked. And the tomato was just great. What would be nice is a bit of red onion and egg in there.

Chips on the other hand were a tad bit dry and they tasted like they came out of a packet.

The greenery was just ok.

I think there is always room for improvement. The place is really nice for a drink or two and a pasta meal after the movie. I saw the veggie pasta on the pass on my way to the bathroom and it looked really nice. The oysters that the next table had were nice.
The service was passable.

Not sure if we'd return for the burger, but maybe we'd come back for the pasta and the oysters. Lets wait and see what Burger Friday thought of the place.
Seared Steak & Seafood on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...