Sunday, January 12, 2014

Gelato Messina

Gelato Messina is a Sydney ice creamery which is really popular with the Sydneysiders and tourists. So popular that they decided to build another store in Melbourne. This store is on Smith st in Fitzroy and is serviced by trams.

I went to the Melbourne store on such a sunny 33C day.

At 1pm there were so many people there all queuing for their ice cream fix. Here they have about 30 different flavours, some of which change weekly. They have the non dairy ice cream (sorbet) for those that are lactose intolerant.



The ladies behind the counter were lovely.  They are happy to give samples to anyone that asks.


Here I sampled the salted coconut, pistachio and chocolate flavours. I didn't really like the salted cocount as it was too salty for my liking. But the pistachio and chocolate were to die for.

So too was the lychee martini sorbet which had a tiny bit of alcohol in there. It went well with the white chocolate. I got both of these flavours for $6 in a big tub which filled me up. And kept me cool of course. This is the real Italian gelato which they proudly showcased at the Gelato World event late last year. I hope they win because this was seriously good. The vanilla one was so creamy.

Oh and if you don't have the appetite for a big cream, you can always go for the kid's cone ($3) or a single scoop ($4).

They are cash only.

Verdict: I would love to come back and try some more of their flavours especially pistachio. And the affogato which I saw a lady ordered and ate. Just don't come in here looking for the bathrooms as there aren't any. 
Oh and do get take away as there is limited seating and it can get busy during the summer months. RIP: Calatrava.
Gelato Messina Fitzroy on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...