Sunday, December 8, 2013

The American Block Party

As part of the Good Food Month series

Today I was invited to the American block party by South Wharf Promenade but I spent all of my own money.





It was outside on the green grass on a nice sunny day. Here I listened and relaxed to many tunes and enjoyed lemonade by the Common Man ($3.50).

Many people mingled and the food was dirt cheap. Here I had two Pintxos for $1 each. I had the chorizo one and the cheese one. I loved the both of them.

I did love the antics at the bar. The antics was very relaxed.

They also had burgers too ($6.50) but apparently they were sold out before I got there at 2pm. A guy came in at 4pm and demanded them. He was so hungry. Me I was just happy with the tapas and the loud party vibe.

I tried a very small sample of the popcorn and loved it. But what would have been nicer was some salted bacon.

All in all what a lovely day out and I hope that something like this will be organised for next year. It was a great way to bring more people to visit the rather quiet South Wharf. But next time there should be more burgers and chips.


No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...