Sunday, November 24, 2013

Taste of Melbourne 2013






I was invited by Hothouse Media to visit. But all the crowns are my own. All thoughts are my own.

The tickets are normally $25 (online @ Ticketek- note you do have to pay a $5.95 booking fee. Hefty I know) or $30 at the door. The ticket includes entry and masterclasses (except for the Sensology one which is 12 crowns or $12)

You also have to buy your crowns which is your money to spend at the festival. YOu buy them as cards of 30 crowns or 50 crowns. And when you need to you can top it up at the many crown banks at the festival.

I was awarded two tickets so of course I went to two sessions. I couldn't do everything in the one session.

It is easier to get the tram in seeing as there is limited parking.


I went to Dani Venn's Asian session and she did onde onde (A Malaysian dessert ).

There was lots and lots of samples
















New to this years Taste was the beer hall and the Taste of Tasmania pavillion. Also new was the Lurpak cooking school. Everyone had the chance to participate in these activities for free on Opening night (Normally it is $6)

Also I got to hear about how Burch and Purchese became so popular and about their ever so popular Laurent Perrier dessert (16 crowns) over a free cup of Dilmah tea.

There was free coffee tastings and I took home some coffee samples. I also took home a Gourmet Traveller and a tea towel from the Taste Kitchen

Some food that I tasted were:

My favourite Char Grilled corn and Vegetarian taco from Mamasita (14 crowns altogether).

The beef bun from The Smith (6 crowns). This one was one of my favourites. The bun was cooked really nicely.


Rice noodle with Turmeric from Longrain (8 crowns). I didn't really like this one much. The noodles were overcooked.

















From Sarti- tuna tartare in a wonton crisp (8 crowns). I actually enjoyed the flavours of these. I loved the orange in there and this was easy to eat.


Uncle's pho- 6 crowns. This was the better of the two noodle dishes

Burch and Purchese's dessert- 6 crowns. This was soo good. It was so chocolatey and rich.
Thanks to Hothouse Media for inviting me and I hope to see you again next year for some more delicious and tantalizing food. What did you guys get out of this years show? What did you guys like?

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...