Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Study Myths and what you need to know

 Students here are some tried and tested study methods which are no good to anyone. Each semester many students fail courses unnecessarily. Here are some myths that are common. These are not good for you

1) If I cram I will do really well in exam- No cramming is never a good idea. If you pull all nighter you brain might be able to function the next day. You need about 6-8 hours sleep for you to perform at your best.

2) I can stay at home and read the lecture slides- No. The whole idea of attending the lecture is so that you can learn stuff and know what will be on the paper. More often than not they will give hints to what is on the exam. That is why they spend ten minutes on one slide and skip the others.

3) Drinking 3-4 cups of coffee will help me maintain my concentration. No it may just be for a short period of time but then you'll crash and burn. Its better to have one to two cups a day. 3-4 cups may also dehydrate you.

4) I'm not Smart enough- you are SMART enough to get into uni as the course is quite demanding enough as it is. Don't be too hard on yourself, you can do it.

5) The more I study the better I will achieve at uni- NO. University is all about understanding, not about rote learning. If you don't understand something, ask the tutor. That is what they are there for.

Do you have any more myths or bad experiences with study that you'd like to share? Please list them below.


No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...