Sunday, November 24, 2013

Roll'd at SAB in two visits

There is a new Roll'd in town and this time its at RMIT University. They have been opened for two months now and I had been wanting to try this out. It is the eccentric decor that sucked me in.

It is popular with the RMIT corporates as well as the Uni students. Finally something decent on campus other than Realfoods.







The owner was friendly. Unlike the Chadstone store this one was much better. They make their rolls freshly and they weren't as bland or dry like the Chadstone one.

I went twice to this place. The first time around I had two rice paper rolls- omelette and soft shell crab. I initially thought that the soft shell crab was going to be dry like the Chadstone one. But this one was moist and flavoursome.

When I saw the omelette one I thought I got to get that as it really intrigued me. And so I bought that. The only gripe is that it was too salty. Other than that it wasn't too bad.

The tea was refreshing. It is $1.50 with food purchases.

The second time around I had the barramundi and the tofu one. I discovered that they prep the rolls hours before and then put it in the fridge. The rolls were moist. The barramundi one (unlike the  Chadstone store) was great. Same as the tofu.

I loved my peach. It was lovely and refreshing in time for summer. I can taste the peach in there.

I was out in the sun this time, enjoying the sunshine.

Welcome to RMIT Roll'd. You're just what we need around here.  It is a great place for RMIT students with a health kick to hang.
Roll'd on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...