Sunday, November 24, 2013

Krimper by Katherine

Krimper is in the city about a stone's throw away from RMIT. It is in a hidden laneway in between Elizabeth and Queen sts. Here the place is run the Kiwis. My server was very friendly. Friendly with an A+.

It has very good WI-FI as well as great communual tables so that students can study in groups as well as enjoy some of the great food and coffee on offer.





At 11am when I came it was really busy. I saw another blogger- blonde and in her 20's with a proper DSLR camera. She was in there with her parents which looked like tourists. They were probably holidaying in Melbourne.

The bathrooms are just behind a glass door.

I had the $20 breakfast deal which consisted of the main meal and coffee. It is only available this month. The deal only includes normal coffee and not their pour overs, syphons etc. You can choose between French toast, corn fritters and Eggs Benedict. Being the sweet tooth that I am at coffee/ brunch places I chose the French toast.

The French toast was very sweet. I loved all the fruits in there. I loved the thickness of brioche and the mascarpone as it melted in the mouth.

The coffee (Proud Mary) had that cherry note in there. I also loved the artwork. It was very creamy and great for an 11am coffee. They also do teas but I'm normally a coffee person in the mornings.

I also ordered Hand Cut Fries ($7 in a big bowl). I couldn't finish all of them, but I did like what was on offer. These were handmade using real potato. Hence this reminded me of the Tasmanian wilderness. I loved the sea salt in there.

I would love to come back to this very trendy cafe and would encourage bloggers and MELD to do so too.

What do you like about Krimper? Or hate?
Krimper on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...