Monday, April 1, 2013

Phat Brats

Phat Brats is one of Melbourne favourite sausage places and has been for a while now.

It is on Brunswick st about ten minutes from the city. It was not hard to find as they had a very big sign.

About 20 other bloggers raved on about this place.














I got meet up with the owner ( I think his name was Daniel) and he said that photos were fine by him and they had no problem with it. They had been opened for a year.

The owner said that one of the perks of the job is to get to meet people and to do that they have many stalls in quite a few markets.

The only downside is staying back on Friday nights til about 3.30am in the morning.

A new girl served me and she was pleasant.

They have the $10 student deal where you get chips with a bartwurst. It was quite filling. Now I normally love spicy hot dogs so I got the Spicy Chorizo Bratwurst with their chips.

It was nice but it wasn't too spicy. This is good for people that don't like the spiciness. I wasn't a fan of the soft bread- I thought it was bought from Coles.

I would have loved some onions to this.

But I must say that the potato fries were good...it reminded me of being in the country as I can taste the rustic potatoes in this. These were nicely seasoned.

I also had organic lemonade. At $4 a bottle it was not bad... as it was Phoenix.

Its a good place to hang out between classes as Brunswick st is not far from RMIT. And who says that meals have to be that darn expensive? If only good meals were cheap. I'd definately come back again if I'm in that area wanting hot dogs.

Phat Brats on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...