Saturday, August 11, 2012

Schnitz cafe

Schnitz cafe is a chain of cafes in Melbourne selling chicken schnitzel. here they are located in Melbourne central and elizabeth st.

I went to the one in Melbourne Central in the cafeteria. I found that they had hardly any service. But what do you expect in a Food court?? But at least I loved the open kitchen plan though. I can see them doing everything.

You then order and then pay and then....
THEY CALL YOUR Order by number so you have to keep the recceipt. Mine was about $14 for a plain schnitzel wrap, chips and drink.






You can see them working on your burger


There is not much seating in a food court hence I just took it away

The lemon lime bitters was nothing to write home about....
BUT

I did like the schnitzel wrap. It was tasty with all the fresh ingredients but the chicken was a little cold. It had been cooked and then left sitting there for a while.

But the chips were to DIE FOR. I loved the chicken sea salt as well as the rustic potatoes. I'd order these again any day.

They might just be having a bad day.... but I'm happy to come back any day. Its filling and I had to share the chips with someone.
Schnitz (Melbourne Central) on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. Hi :) I read most of your entries for this month. you have so many-how do you find the time to visit the places? well time and money to eat out.

    I'm an international student myself and I tried the Schnitz fries by chance. the MOST tastiest fries I've ever had. How did you know it was a chicken seasoning? I really want them so bad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can taste the salt and tastes like chicken

    ReplyDelete

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...