Saturday, June 30, 2012

Scams and watch out for them


"Recently I was scammed by a con artist for an employment job somewhere in the city. I found this ad on Facebook. I applied not knowing it was a scam.They emailed me asking for interview  I had to pay money for the interview and application process in which I was told that there would be a job for me. The process costed about $191 and my personal details.  But in the end there was no interview and I looked at the legitimate sites such as Careerone.com.au and found that no such company existed.  I tried to contact them but they didn't not exist. So I felt ripped off!!!" says a friend of mine.

Sounds true??? It probably happens to all of us by some stage. The lesson learnt is to watch out for scams like these.

I also heard that another friend of mine fell victim to a housing scam. Fortunately they didn't lose any money over it.

RMIT has a housing database where advertisers can place ads and they advised that students should see the house first before paying any money and always get the receipt.
You can get more information about scams here: www.scamwatch.gov.au

If you get any scam emails delete them. Do not read them as they are spam. ignore all the Facebook job ads as they too are scam.
https://www.moneysmart.gov.au/scams/companies-you-should-not-deal-with/unlicensed-companies-list/g - you can also check the company here.

Be Careful as you may not be able to get all the money back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...