Saturday, June 30, 2012

Chez dre

Chez dre is in the top 100 Melbourne restaurants in Urbanspoon. It is ranked at Number 41. This place is in South Melbourne right outside the market.

I have been once back in November for their coffees and macaroons. But I forgot to write up about it. So here I am again.

It is a lovely French patisserie only opened during daylight hours, which is the norm for Melbourne restaurants. It is also hidden in a laneway just like Melbourne's popular places. Here you can see all the lovely French pastries. I wanted them all. OMOMOMOMOM!!!! But I was having lunch later that day at Spiga, so I had to save some room.
I love this place. 

Love the garden. This is a typical Melbourne eatery















Look how cute these are



The service was really fast and the restaurant was not busy.

I ordered from the lovely waitress some hot chocolate ($5 for a large cup), French crepes ($10.50 for two small crepes) and a macaroon ($3). The French crepes were tiny for the price but lovely. I loved the little meringue bits. OMOMOMOM!!!!!

I still loved the macaroons but it was a wee bit small for $3. Still a great delicacy.

I loved looking at the big $18-$20 breakfasts. They were such a feast for the eyes. I can't believe Big Fil and the Eat and be merry team haven't had a chance to venture out here yet. They're missing out. It is ironic that they are number 1 ranked blog and they haven't ventured out here yet.

Chez Dré on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...