Friday, August 12, 2011

social roasting company

Today I went to Social Roasting Company for my mocha and breakfast on the way to uni. I have read that the social roasting company is a not for profit company. It's aims is to give the long term unemployed a job in the hospitality industry. To do this they offer free training and support. In a way they are like the STREAT carts in Melbourne Uni and Melbourne Central.







The museli sample which I got to try



Some lovely artwork which gave the place a very warm homely feeling





 It is about five minutes walk from Newmarket station. It is in zone 1 and about ten minutes train ride from the city on the Craigieburn line
The place is quite open and warm and friendly. They make their own coffee beans and sell them at their cafes. They are in Prahran, melbourne and Newmarket. You can buy the coffee beans from them. They also do takeaways.
I got to try a free sample of their museli bar and liked it.
I had a mocha ($3.50) and The Age's recomended museli with mascapone, figs and milk ($13). Here they sell food between $7-$19.
The museli was nothing to rave about, but I do like their organic museli. I couldn't finish it all. Milk was really nicely done.
The mocha was quite smooth and there was a slight bit of chocolate flavour in there. I think I would have liked it better if it was in a cup and not in a glass.
This is a great place for people with a health kick. This is also good for students to study in and Miss Adriennely should try the place as it is close to Melbourne uni and the city. Miss Adriennely if you are coming up from Melbourne Uni catch the Number 59 tram from the city to Airport West and change for the number 57 tram to West Maribynong at the corner of Melrose and Flemington roads. And get off at the stop before Newmarket station- it is only a few shops up the road.

Social Roasting Company on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. hey just saw your tips for me! Thanks, hopefully I'll have the patience to tram all the way lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're welcome and feel free to check out my other posts. lol

    ReplyDelete

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...