Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Seven Seeds

Seven seeds is rated in The Age Good Cafe guide as being one of the best cafes around Melbourne. Many people raved about it on urbanspoon.com and Miss Adriennely really liked it.
It is really close to Melbourne Uni and RMIT Old Village. It is diagonally across the road from RMIT Village and its near the big roundabout. It is really hard to find it because it looks just like any other factory and it took me ages to find it. They need to put more signs outside or some outside tables to show that there is a cafe there.
But when I did find it looked just like this.




















My lovely mocha







They are a coffee brand that brews their own coffee beans. They are for sale and they hold free public cupping sessions on Thursdays at 10am. But I can't usually make it because I'll be at work, but I can see if I can try and go. There are many different blends for you to try.
They do table service, but you sit at communal tables to eat. They don't have smaller tables. They also do take away.
Because they are mainly a coffee bar, they don't have much food on offer. They only have one vegetarian (or maybe two) on offer.But I did order two pieces of lovely fruit toast ($5.50) and with that it came with some amazing jam for me to try. I tried the Syrian fig jam and the blackberry jam. I liked the Syrian fig jam the most.
Seven Seeds on UrbanspoonThe toast was organic.
The butter for the toast was really creamy, which was good. I think that it is organic.
I also had a mocha ($4). I couldn't quite taste the chocolate, because the coffee really overpowered it. But what I did like was the art and the smooth texture of the coffee. It was really nutty.
So if you are nearby at Melbourne Uni, RMIT City campus and at the RMIT Old Village this is the place to try. I manage to get a small shot of the RMIT Village.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...