Thursday, June 23, 2011

free hot chocolate and a french lunch in degraves st

Today I forgot to bring my lunch from home. I'm volunteering at the su and in the computer lab today. It looked a very wintry day so I felt like hot chocolate and french lunch
1) Chocolate @Hudsons coffee in A Beckett st
This will probably be the only time  I will have hot chocolate from Hudsons in A Beckett st, as they will be closing down on the 30th. I went there with two other colleagues and they had a hot chocolate and flat white. I had my buy one get one free drink voucher from the Entertainment book, so I used that and got the free drink.
Hudson's sells a lot of merchandise as well as drinks and food.
The hot choc was really nice for a cold day
Roule Galette on Urbanspoon
Hudsons Coffee on UrbanspoonB3 Café Patisserie on Urbanspoon



2) Lunch in Degraves st
For lunch today I decided to try the baguettes at B3 cafe. Baguettes are a French sandwich consisting of a long (predominately french) roll and fillings. Here the little ones are $3.50 each and the big ones are $5.
It started showering on me whilst I was waiting to order. Here they have no seating, as it is only a take away place.
I had a little $3.50 baguette of proscutto and lettuce. Proscutto is Italian ham. It may taste a bit weird and salty when you first try it, but after a while you get used to the taste. I didn't like it when I was younger but now I do.
The mayonaise overpowered the sandwich a bit, as I could not taste the proscutto much. I loved the tang of the mayonaise. But I think if they put a little less mayonaise and more proscutto I would have liked it a bit more. But the bread was really fresh, like the way it should be with French bread.



After that I went to Roule Galette. Roule Galette is a French place. "Galette" I think are French crepes. These can be sweet or savoury. Now they are having a $12 special of one crepe and a drink. I had the French green tea ($3.50 per pot) and a virginie crepe with ice cream ($8). You can see that from the last post of how the French drink the tea.

See how cute the jars are!

The drinks that they have. They also have cider (I didn't get to try it this time, but next time)

The nice bowl of salad leaves.

I took pictures of the nearby tables because their food looked really nice too.

It just as busy as last time and the guys were really nice. But not as cramped because they have opened a second shop nearby crown.




You can find them on Facebook and befriend them

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...