Sunday, May 1, 2011

week 9

Its Sunday and a very sunny morning outside. It is also the beginning of May which means one more month until winter is officially here and also one more month for most of you until exams. I don't find out about my exam until tomorrow.
I dread winter, as I always put on weight during winter and sleep in a lot. This winter I will try not to put on weight, but that is not always going to be easy. For example it is not easy to buy bananas now because of the Queensland floods. Bananas are around $10-$13 a kg in Australia. Due to the recent floods the price of fruits and vegetables has gone up by a lot in Australia. But the price of milk and other pantry goods has gone down.
It is really hard to keep warm without the use of a heater for most poor people. The price of electricity and gas is skyrocketing now. A few years ago they used to be really cheap, but now they are quite expensive. If you are living in accommodation that includes gas, water and electricity you are really lucky. My accommodation includes gas and electricity.
I am starting to really study for my exam now. For most of you, unless you are doing one subject now is not the time to party. Back in the first year, I didn't really have a lot of time to study because I was working so many hours and being paid little at 7-11 (a convenience store). But now I am working in a small cafe which pays well and can afford to study properly.
I have lost about 1 kg and am now 50 kgs. I walk around the Maribynong river a few times a week and walk 20 minutes to the train station every time I go to the city. I also study hard on the train, but sometimes it is hard to find a place to sit and I have to stand all the way. I tried to look for good cafes and restaurants with not much MSG and are healthy on Urbanspoon.com. I love this website.
Oh well, best of luck with your studies and don't leave your assignments to the last minute. And remember to take a break every now and then
Sal

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...