Saturday, February 6, 2016

Tequila



Tequila is a Mexican restaurant in South Yarra right past Chapel st and about a five minute walk from the station. I would have caught the tram but they were doing tramworks that week and it would have meant buses for some of the way.

The place is very Mexican inside and there was this sign which say "we don't supply the women". I found it was a little bit offensive for some, but a joke for others. I did however like the homely touch. The service was really slow for a less than packed restaurant and the food was not that great. Luckily though I bought a Groupon for it which is $19 for $40 worth of food and drink.


The cute sign on the door






The smoked salmon taco for $5.40 was really soggy and a let down. The salad was good and the salmon but not together on a soft taco shell. I can get better at Taco Bill in South Melbourne.














The burrito for $17.50 was not too bad, but I would have liked the rice to be on the plate. The guacamole was good though. The burrito was small and there wasn't a whole lot of cheese which is good for those that dislike cheese. The salad was just ok.



















We were meant to get some corn chips and salsa to start off with, but it appears that they forgot all about it. That is until I gently reminded them. Even then chips tasted like they were store bought but the salsa was just alright. But then again who could stuff up salsa.

The extra mango chilli salsa was good though. It was so addictive though that I just could not stop.

Rating: 11/20- Tequila and I are not friends. I can get much better food and much quicker service at Taco Bill anyday. You guys have to try the South Melbourne branch.

I had a feeling that all the positive reviews online were either paid or written by the restaurant staff themselves.

I waited 26 minutes to be exact for sub par food. Sorry but never again.
Tequila Mexican Restaurant Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...