Thursday, October 15, 2015

The Mint Bar revisited

Note as members RNIS received a $50 voucher to spend in the restaurant.

The Mint bar and restaurant has been around for quite some time and now they have weekday specials for $15 which includes drinks.





Here I was on wholefoods diet which no potato chips or anything deep fried. It also meant no steaks. I could have cheese and other foods provided that they were healthy. Most of the time at pubs they do not serve anything healthy and even if they did it would be expensive.

To start off with I enjoyed the cheese with walnuts and apple. It came with toasted bread which I really enjoy. However I could not finish the cheese as three pieces of bread did fill me up in time for the next course which is salmon with black rice, lime and spinach for $24. The salmon was a good source of protein and it was fresh and not overcooked.

The black rice worked well in there and its a good low GI grain.

To compliment this dish and the whole idea of wholefoods and being healthy in a pub I went for apple slaw. The apple slaw was not too creamy and it was really nice without the added sauce that you would normally get in a pub or a KFC.

I would happily come again and try this dish

Rating: 18/20- wholeheartedly healthy. Do come by to the Mint for good, healthy meals

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...