Friday, March 13, 2015

Nevsky

RNIS dined here on a Dimmi voucher but paid for their own tea.

Nevsky is a Russian place on Glenhuntly road in Elsternwick near St Kilda. They are a tiny little shop so it is easy to miss. It takes abour 20 mins from the CBD by train.

Here I was by a lovely young Russian lady and on one of the other ladies I adored their hat. Their hat was simply pretty.

The green tea ($3.50 for a pot) was not bad.

The service was so slow. It was about half an hour between entrée and main (the main by the way was vegetarian pelmeni which was a little bit over cooked and waay too much tomato sauce). I liked the filling in the main which was potatoey and not very cheesy.


The salmon entree ($12) was really great. I loved the fresh salmon with the rye bread. What a health kick that was seeing as we have a lot of white bread everyday. And the starter came on time too.

I saw another huge table share their entrees and mains but since I came rather late and wasn't hungry I thought not. They all loved their food.
Pelmeni ($24 for a vegetarian one)

It was fun to watch that table try a flight of vodka so for the vodka lovers out there, this place is for you.

By the end I was full so it was off home for me.

Someone else's dish on the pass.

Rating: 16/20- love the food and the cozy place but hate the service. If you are in a rush then this place is not for you. But for the new International students it is fun to try new foods. I hope Meld does a similar review about this place.
Nevsky Russian Restaurant on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...