Friday, March 27, 2015

Collins Kitchen

Note: The buffet took us one and a half hours to do and it was seven courses for $31.50 (for Entertainment members)
Collins Kitchen is in the Grand Hyatt on the first floor. It is hidden away so it might be hard to get to.

Because it is meat free week I didn't have any meat dishes. Instead I had vegetarian and seafood courses.

The service there was very friendly and they helped one couple who was from overseas. I think they were from England or Ireland where there is no buffet. They didn't understand the concept of a buffet. Like me they didn't like the noodles. I'll explain later.

The first course is sushi, salmon, prawns and oyster. The oysters were fresh and I loved the bed of ice it was on. The prawns were fun to peel and I am glad that they have left a hand bowl out on the table full of fresh hot water.

The sushi on the other hand was lukewarm and limited in choices. The crab salad was just ok.
The next course was salads and that was alright. It was fun to make your own salad and I'm not one for vinegar and oils.

The pickled vegetables were good except for the stuffed tomatoes. They were too sweet in my opinion.

I really enjoyed the pizzas. They were doughy and authentic and I enjoyed watching them make the pizzas. I would have liked more options but I think they were for dinner.

The dim sum were the only good thing from the Asian station. The noodles were gluggy and the rice was cold and although it was vegetarian, it tasted like the meat ones. So much sodium. I was thirsty for most of the day.
Dumplings

Chilli sauce

The dim sum station



The dessert though was good but the lady at the bar was a little bit sad. I think she was an International student who worked long hours and is underpaid. Being full I had ice cream and fruits and they were wonderful. The fruits were fresh and the ice cream was in small scoops and moreish.
My dessert

Dessert sauces


Rating: 14/20- love the Italians, hate the Chinese foods.

I would love to bring my library group in here for some Italian love.
Collins Kitchen on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...