Friday, February 20, 2015

Antipodes Greek Street Festival


This was a free festival organised by the City of Melbourne and it was quite fun. It was for two days and it featured lots and lots of greek eating and dancing. I really enjoyed watching the zorba dance even though I didn't participate as I was too full from dinner.

The rides looked expensive and I'm not really much of a rides person. I saw some people get free soccer balls. I got a free hat from Delphi bank.

I also tried the watermelon pieces and some people bought huge ones for $2. I just could not have a huge piece.
Greek game

Popcorn

Water for sale

Crafts on display

Entertainment

More drinks on sale

Halva ice cream from 196 Below

What also looked fun was the loukemedes (Greek doughnuts with honey) eating competition where someone won a $250 Hellenic Republic dining voucher.

I really wanted to drink lemonade but I was on the last day of the challenge and the beginning of a new one I could not. I would have also liked to have bought some loukmedes and gelato but I remembered that I am on a new diet.

But having said that the chips at Kara's Kalimari truck were lovely and I tried their $6 chips with feta cheese. I didn't eat all the cheese though as I would have been way more stuffed. But the cheese was creamy and great for my liking. I was going to get a souvalaki but I remembered that I have to save some meat meals for at home and I brought a salad with me to keep my vegetable intake up.

I loved watching the wedding dance on stage. It was so good.
Drink prices

At the coconut bar


After sunset I enjoyed the music from the DJ and sitting in the Ozueri bar listening to the music and enjoying the big party. That's where the fun started for me.

Do visit next years one

Greek Street Food By Kara's Kalamaki on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...