Friday, December 5, 2014

Paris to Provence 2014

As part of Bupa's best blog competition for 2015

Paris to Provence is an annual French event which requires a lot of walking.



 I did buy a pedometer and started a lot more walking. Whilst there I walked about 3000 steps. Which is not bad for someone like me.

The event is an outdoor one where people indulged in a lot of champagne. And for the online price of $17 (excluding service fees) I got a lot out of it. The queue of people that were wanting to pay the $22 was huge. I can't understand why people want to pay $22 on the day itself where you can buy it online and get the free kir. And avoid queues.

I also don't understand why people drove to the event when you can just walk there from South Yarra station or take the number 8 tram. There was a long line of cars all waiting to go in.

At Choukette I had their plain croissant. I didn't get to try this last year and it was truly perfect. Oh and there was a salad and potato place where people where lining up for it. Oh and there was meat on the stick which looked like it had too many kjs. I just ate lunch before I came to the event to save money and time. Money for other purchases.
A brilliant performance

Lovely crossaints

Chocolates to sample

Salted caramel

Champagne

Free cheeses

Bread display

Salami



Inside the cheese bag

A lovely table setting

More cheese

Macarons


Loved the cute toilet sign

Cooking class



Gifts to purchase

Spirits

Love the Paris picture

You can win a gift pack

Danishes for sale at Choukette

Pottery

Paella


Unlike last year there was a cooking class and there was free cheeses thanks to President Cheeses. People took home two big blocks of cheeses. And there was heaps of free samples at the cooking masterclasses. The one that I went to was on how to make a Choux pastry by A La Folie. It was just perfect.

Unlike last year there were no balloons. But instead there was a craft section to keep the kids entertained.

People also explored the mansion. We did not as it was too crowded.

I made a couple of purchases: one's a tea and the other is a $5 coin purse from the kid's section.

I really enjoyed being at the festival and patting dogs. Oh and trying all the samples such as the cheeses. Its great that it is on during the Good Food Month and it should be a Good Food Month event.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...