Friday, December 26, 2014

NL House

NL House is known for Nasi Lemak house so of course I was expecting ecceptional Lemak, Aunty Khoo's style. Aunty Khoo's style was exceptional and she made this really good sambal. A good Nasi Lemak to me ad other Malaysians is one that has really spicy sambal sauce and good coconut rice. Oh and the one that I had at the Good Neighbourhood Month had lots of peanuts, two egg halves and anchovies.

NL House is about a ten minute walk from RMIT and its across the road from Melbourne Uni. It is an easy walk via Cardigan st in Carlton. It is popular with all the uni students for its low cost.

I remembered reading a lot of good reviews about this place so I had high expectations of the teh tarik and lemak. Well for starters it was lukewarm and it came with a piece of chicken which after eating Aunty Khoo's lemak I did not expect. And it only came with one egg half instead of two and not much nuts and anchovies.


The coconut rice was really good and it is just the way that Aunty Khoo makes it. And I enjoyed their homemade chilli sauce. You can buy this for $5 a jar and next time I will. I loved the onion in there.

The teh tarik was good too, but a little too milky in my case and not enough tea to it. what would be great is if they can offer some baby sized teh tarkis for those that want to lose the weight.

Rating: 12/20 lukewarm Nasi Lemak, not as good as Aunty Khoo's but the sauce is the best!

NL House (Nasi Lemak House) on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...