Friday, October 10, 2014

Jones the grocer

As part of RNIS Healthy Living month

Jones the Grocer is a chain store which originated from Sydney. But the Emporium one which I went to has had a few negative reviews on Urbanspoon. Hmm I wonder why.

They are not just a cafe but they are more of a providore.  As in they also sell stuff for people to take home. They are huge and I was wowed. I had been in there a couple of times just browsing and they were happy to let me do that. Sometimes there are samples.

Jones the Grocer is on level 3: one floor up from the Tea Salon. They don't have bathrooms inside the cafe, instead it is outside Terry White pharmacy. 

They do have a happy hour special of beer and pizza for $19 from 5pm. But because Emporium closes at 7pm they have to close at 7pm.

I was served really quickly unlike others on Urbanspoon who said that it took a long time to be served. The guy at the cashier was a little arrogant however when I said that there were so many negative reviews on Urbanspoon.

After seeing their pictures on Facebook I was smitten with the look of the cupcake jar ($8). I had only came for coffee and a cake and was excited when this came to the table. The couple on the table next to me admired my little jar of sugary goodness.

Well it wasn't so sugary and I liked it that way. It was just like my mum country baked cupcake except in a jar. And I liked the fact that it did not have so much cream on the top. It is good for those that want to lose weight.

They have their own coffee blend. So for my coffee I decided to go with a filter coffee ($5) instead of my usual flat white. This did not disappoint and I liked it in a big glass. It was a blend from Bolivia which tasted and smelt chocolatey and winey. It also had notes of butterscotch in there. It took them some time to make.

Whilst I really like them, I really hope that they do take on board some of the comments made about their place or otherwise they might not be in business for long. I also hope that more bloggers review this wonderful providore.
Jones the Grocer on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

AGFG Recommended Blogger

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...